Therapeutics Entrepreneur in Residence
Chapel Hill, NC
The Therapeutics Entrepreneur in Residence (EIR) will be a seasoned scientific professional who has significant work experience in the biopharma space with translational studies and drug development.
Part-Time Independent Contractor
20 hours per week (with regular work hours from 9am-5pm)
Translational Grants Mentor Services
- Work with autonomy within UNC-Chapel Hill to formulate and scout new therapeutic technologies and technology platform concepts based on breakthrough research, structured ideation, and technology insights.
- Mentor PIs of EII-funded programs in the areas of market assessment, technology, translational study planning, and business model design and validation.
Therapeutics Portfolio Advisory Support
- Support the Eshelman Institute with review of the therapeutics portfolio to aid scientific strategy, prioritization, and differentiation.
- Provide technology diligence and insights on EII-funded projects to ensure they meet appropriate commercialization goals.
- Identify key opinion leaders that can support successful asset delivery across the translational gap.
Business Intelligence and Partnering Strategy
- Support strategic growth of the Institute pipeline by providing insights on internal development programs as well as opportunities for external collaborations and partnerships.
Preferred Training and Experience
PhD in biomedical sciences, or an equivalent degree, and related experience with early preclinical studies and drug development